Welcome to our 2022 financial calendar! This “at a glance” document lists important dates, including when government benefits are distributed and tax filing deadlines.
Be sure to bookmark this or add the dates listed to your personal calendar so you’re always in the loop!
Use our calendar to make sure you keep on track with your financial goals and avoid missing any critical tax or investment deadlines.
If you’re looking for help with your taxes, tax packages will be available in February 2022, so reach out to your accountant or us to book an appointment and get started on your taxes!
Dates to know:
- January 1 is when the contribution room for your TFSA opens again. The maximum contribution for 2022 is $6,000.
- The government will issue GST/HST credit payments on January 5, April 5, July 5, and October 5.
- Canada Child Benefit payments (CCB) will be issued on the following dates: January 20, February 18, March 18, April 20, May 20, June 20, July 20, August 19, September 20, October 20, November 18, and December 13.
- The government will issue CPP and OAS payments on the following dates: January 27, February 24, March 29, April 27, May 27, June 28, July 27, August 29, September 27, October 27, November 28, and December 21.
- The final date for your RRSP contributions to be eligible for the 2021 tax year is March 1, 2022.
- Bank of Canada’s interest rate announcements will be on January 26, March 2, April 13, June 1, July 13, September 7, October 26, and December 7.
- May 2, 2022, is the last day to file personal income taxes, and tax payments are also due by this date. This is also the filing deadline for final returns if death occurred between January 1 and October 31, 2021.
- May 3 to June 30 – The filing deadline for final tax returns if death occurred between November 1 and December 31. The due date for the final return is six months after the date of death.
- The tax deadline for all self-employment returns is June 15, 2022. Any balance owing, however, is due May 2, 2022.
- The deadline for final RESP, RDSP, and TFSA contributions is December 31.
- December 31 is also the deadline for 2022 charitable contributions.
- December 31 is also the deadline for individuals who turned 71 in 2022 to finish contributing to their RRSPs and convert them into RRIFs.